Wednesday, February 11, 2009

One of them

Or to be more precise it's been on of them days.

It was icy yet again this morning which meant I had to spend five minutes de icing the car which is always a tedious ( and cold job). Still on the plus side I was able to get into work without any problems.Which seemed to be in contrast with a lot of other places as the lack of grit in some areas was turning roads into ice rings.

It was also quite busy at work as I had todays work as well as the work from yesterday to do. Still I mustn't grumble too much as I was able to get it all done so it could have been worse :-)

Institute was okay this evening. The lesson was gine but I'm starting to feel like I'm struggling a bit again when it comes to the YSA. I'm still feeling like an outsider and I really don't know what I can do to change that. I did reflect that when I was younger I always thought it was odd that when some YSA got to a certain age that they seemed to stop coming to institute and I think I'm starting to see why as once most of your peers have either left or got married it gets very hard to make friends with the new younger YSA and you can start to feel very alone.

Still I suppose I shouldn't focus on that as otherwise I'll just start to feel all self pitying again and that never ends well, especially with V day on Saturday. There is supposed to be a YSA dance on in Birmingham on Friday. Apparently the girls get free ice cream, the guys only get ice cream if they bring a date. I was tempted to be sarcastic and ask if the date had to be female but I resisted as I thought there was a outside chance that some people might think I was being serious. Of course these dances are usually much better if you have a group of friends to go with and right now I don't. I could go by myself but if I'm going to end up standing on the sides by myself with no ice cream I might as well stay at home.

At least that way I'd have ice cream :-)

Ahhh!! Must stop with the feeling sorry for myself rubbish. I suppose it's just been that kind of day where the little things seem very big ( even if they aren't).

Oh well, things could be worse.

Speaking of things getting worse the pound has tumbled yet again after another person in a postion of importance opened their mouth to say that things were going very wrong. It's reassuring to see that with things changing they can also stay the same. The economy can't get to a place that we can't make worse by talking about it!

A women who won a makeover on a morning TV show here in the UK ( called This morning funnily enough) might be regretting it as after her new look was revealed her ten month old son didn't recognise her and burst into tears whilst frantically calling for his mummy.

The lead actor in the TV police drama Midsummer murders is leaving the show. There's been nearly 200 hundred murders in the county he patrols. We theorised that the only thing that has kept him in charge in a county with such an appallingly high murder rate is that he has the best murders solved rate in the country!

One woolworths store is coming back from the dead. Well sort of as the manager has bought the shop and intends to re open it as, wait for it..." Wellworths". Well no points for orginality but it's still a good name :-)

and finally a grey haired 59 year old who can only walk with a zimmer frame was unable to buy some cigarettes in a shop as he didn't have any id that proved he was over 18 years old! I wonder if he had trouble deciding whether to be annoyed or flattered.

Two more days till the weekend.

Later folks!

No comments: