Sunday, February 22, 2009

Welcome to Earth

It was rather odd trying to photocopy the ward bulletins this morning as for the first time ever there was actually a queue for the photocopier. I did wonder if having a queue would mean that the darn thing would not be able to resist the temptation to break down but it didn't. I was on my way out fo the library when one of the Elders was photocopying something. It came out and he said to his companion " Oh thank goodness it's come out the right way up. I was afraid it was going to come out upside down so I wouldn't be able to use it." I bit my lip and kept walking resisting the urge to say something sarcastic.

We thought we were going to have a problem in Sunday school as we didn't seem to have enough room to fit everybody as we had that many people in the class. Fortunatly we just about managed it although some people might have had to get a bit closer then they wanted to :-)

In the Elders quorum lesson one of our visitors had their little son with them who soon discovered that if 'daddy' didn't pay attention when he threw one hymn book off the stage, he certainly paid attention when he pushed a whole stack of them off the stage. Plus they made a fun sound too :-)

I gave physics a lift home after church, it takes like three minutes in the car and saves him nearly twenty minutes walking. We were talking about the whole 'pleasentaries' (not sure I spelt that right) that some people do and church. Basically it's the whole thing where they walk up and say things alone the lines of " Hi, How are you? How's your week been?" then wait for about two seconds to hear your response before saying " That's good to hear" and moving onto the next person with their sincerest looking smile leaving you wondering if they even listened to you. Once one person did that to me and I responded " I feel terrible, my week was awful." Their response? " That's good to hear" and they walked off proving they hadn't been listening to me in the slightist. Physics said he's tempted that the next time somebody does this and he thinks their just going through the 'pleasentaries' motions he'll respond one of two ways to the question " hi physics how are you?"
  1. I'm not physics. Physics died, I'm his clone.
  2. I'm Good as I can now drop my disguise and tell you I am a lead scout for the Martian invasion. Surrender your planet!

I laughed and said I was tempted to do that and I could say something along the lines of

" I'm not Saxon I'm his evil twin brother."

Physics pointed out that it might work but it only worked under the assumption that the other twin would be evil. When I asked if he was calling me evil he did point out that all the bad guys in films tend to be into geeky things like science, come up with in depth plans and do tend to ramble on quite a lot. I said I didn't agree with that at all.

My plans are never in depth.

He then pointed out I didn't have a twin so my first evil plan should be to perfect cloning. But I pointed out that any clone wouldn't be my twin. His response was to say that it wouldn't be the first evil plan to have a massive hole in it.

I just saw briefly in the news that a english man who was arrested for trying to smuggle three suitcases full of cocaine has come up with an interestng defence againist the drug smuggling charges. He says he thought he was smuggling diamonds not cocaine. D'oh!

Well Monday tomorrow, so a fresh week of opportunities await!

Later Folks!

No comments: