Monday, February 16, 2009

Not that I'm complaining

I seemed to have one of those mornings today when I seemed to be stuck in go slow mode when I got up which meant everything seemed to take twice as long to do which in turn lead to be leaving the house five minutes later then usual.

Being a Monday I was slightly worried that this meant I would get stuck in a huge traffic jam and it would probably take ages to get to work.

Fortunatly I was wrong as I had forgotten that the kids in Nottingham were on half term this week which meant gloriously empty roads. Which is oh so nice seeing how much time I usually spend stuck in traffic jams.

Of course with it being Monday it was a busy day at work but I was still able to get everything done I needed to so I was feeling quite pleased with myself by the end of the day!

Plus the roads were also as clear coming home as they were going in so I was able to get home really quickly which really made me happy as it's not often you get twenty or so minutes of your day 'back'.

Owen was going a little mental when I came in as their's someone next door doing a lot of work to their house. Now we know it's not the guy who was living there but as to his actual identity. Who knows? He might be our new neighbour or he might just be a workman. I guess time will tell :-)

If your a reader from the UK and you hold a drivers license you might want to have a quick chec of it as apparently there's a lot of confusion over our photo licenses as although you are authorised to hold a license until your 70 you have to get it renewed every 10 years. As the first license were issued in 98 the first batch of 200,000 odd people are due for renewal andapparently over 40,000 people haven't and could well be driving around with a invalid license.

This doesn't affect Grumpy though as he still has a paper license will be valid until he can't drive anymore. It is funny watching people when he uses it as proof of ID. They have a look on their face which reminds me of the monkeys who find the monolith in 2000AD as they realise that it is a actual drivers license.

Big news of the day, a British and a French nuclear missile submarine managed to collide with each other out in the atlantic. Yes it was bad that they collided but on the plus side it appears that all the money on making them silent was money well spent as they couldn't hear each other coming.

Some pictures have also emerged of a man who decided to take a short cut across some railroad tracks and almost got hit by a train. In fact he was so close to being hit the bottom of his shoe was sliced off. His excuse for crossing the tracks was that he was late for work. Well as it turned out he was almost very very late for work.

anyway,

Later folks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must be one of the last people to have been given an old style license. It's falling apart though, so I might need to submit to the man at some point.

Anonymous said...

hey!!! you have a new star-wars type header at the top! love it!!

have you seen this:
http://www.geekologie.com/2009/02/reallife_warhammer_40000_rhino.php

i thought you would like to drive to work in one of those bad boys!!!!

Saxon said...

it's probably not falling apart as badly as Grumpys though Fraggle

Saxon said...

I'm glad you like the new title Drat.

Yes I have see the rhino. In fact I've seen it in the 'flesh' so to speak. The things huge.

and yes I would really really like to drive to work in one. Traffic jams would certainly be a thing of the past :-)