Monday, February 09, 2009

Snow fun. Ice Bad. Icy snow real bad

Aware of the doom and gloom weather reports for last night I made sure I got up this morning slightly earlier then usual as I wanted to leave myself plenty of time to get to work just in case the roads were in a bad way.

And it was a good job I did give myself extra time as when I went out to the car I found that we must have had snow at some point overnight followed by freezing temperatures as the car was covered in what I can best describe as 'ice snow' it was way too thick for the de icer to have any real effect what so ever and even using the scraper I couldn't shift it. So I had to sit in the car and let it run for ten minutes with the heaters going full blast to loosen this stuff to the point where I could scrape it off.

The whole time I was doing this Owen was sitting in the window looking most bemused as to what I was up too.

Fortunatly for me the roads weren't that bad so I got to work with no problems. However when I got to work I discovered that there was still snow all over the car park. So the walk from the car to the office was rather slow and careful.

Unsurprisingly I had a rather busy day as I had to get caught up with things. But I did manage to get caught up with nearly everything so I was feeling quite pleased with myself by the end of the day.

It will also be interesting tomorrow as our team is having a 'away day', which will make a change from the usual flow of things as it were.

So anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: