Sunday, February 08, 2009

Back to Reality

Well as nice as the last week has been tomorrow morning will see me going Back to Reality as it were as I'm going back to work. I think Owen will be confused as I think he was just getting used to me being at home all week.

The weather has also turned again as it was raining but it's now snowing. Their also forecasting gale force winds and torrential rain as well, so the trip into work tomorrow will probably be fun. I'm also going to give myself lots of extra time as I have no idea what state the roads will be in or even if they will be gritted. Apparently some councils have got so desperate that their now resorting to using table salt to grit the roads.

Yeah, I'm probably going to be a little tense by the time I get into work tomorrow.

We also have a YSA FHE tomorrow night at the chapel. Apparently it's some sort of party to celebrate Chinese new year with most of the cooking being done by the chinese students. Of course the YSA organising this party forgot that not all the YSA are students and decided that it will start at 6.30pm meaning I'm going to have to go straight from work. It's annoying but theres not a lot I can do about it.

It was fun in the car park this morning at church. There was still lots of snow and ice about which meant it was somewhat of a challenge trying to get into the building. Someone had put grit down on one pathway but it was getting to the pathway which was the problem!

We also have a new substitute teacher as CF has now been moved to teach the gospel essentials class. We now have Bro RH instead who I have to say is a very good teacher. Although no one told us of this swap, he just arrived in the classroom this morning and told us. It was a bit of a different lesson to what we were used too as this guy is very skilled at getting discussions moving. One of the younger YSA asked about plural marriage and while the discussion was going on Physics leant across and said to me
" It's good that we don't do plural marriage anymore otherwise the scales would be unbalanced"
When I asked him what he meant he responded
" Well if someone had more then one wife he would never get to win a argument."
he then paused a moment longer before adding
" It's also good as it's hard enough to find a girl to marry anyway in the church without someone whose already got one being greedy and stockpiling more "

anyway,

Later folks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amusing. RH is very good, I agree.

Saxon said...

he is indeed. You can really tell he's a teacher in 'real life' if you pardon the pun