Monday, November 24, 2008

What the government give with one hand they taketh away with the other

The government has cut VAT by 2.5% which means petrol would be among those things that are cheaper right? Wrong! They're going to be increased fuel duty to make up for the reduction in VAT. So basically motorists are no better or should be no worse off. Of course this works at the moment as oil prices are very low but if they soar back to their peak people are not going to be happy, especially considering they've said nothing about dropping the fuel duty when they put he VAT back up in 13 months time. Still it could be worse at least I don't smoke or drink.

It was a good day today at work even if I really struggled to get out of bed this morning. I don't like cold mornings. I especially don't like cold Monday mornings but then I guess theres not many people who do.

I heard that one of my friends from my old department who now manages a store had his shop broken into at the weekend. They didn't take any stock, but they did spray paint the walls, urinated on the floors ( charming little swine weren't they?) but worst of all they ran off with all of the staff members personal armies, which proves it was a pointed attack againist the staff in my view as it was a little too specific. Now admitally it doesn't sound like a big deal that they ran off with a few painted toy soldiers but as a hobbyist that would be my worse nightmare. As you spend so much time and effort in collecting and painting the models, have someone take them would be heartbreaking and yes I know that they could replace them/rebuild their armies but it's never the same.

In only one more week it will be December and that means it will soon be Christmas. Yah! I'm still not sure what to ask for mind you. But I better think of something quick, hey?

Anyway, got to sign off there. Got some more Romans to paint.

Later folks!

No comments: