Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Plane crazy

Ryan Air the nice budget airline who I flew with last week to and from Luxembourg has just got into trouble with their latest charity calender. Apparently they do one every year featuring cabin crew from the airline for good causes. And why has it got into trouble I hear you ask? For it being too exspensive? For the cabin crew wearing small amounts of clothing or the titles they have given the crew for each month such as Miss Wet, Miss Wild and Miss fuelpump.

Ehh no,

it has gotten into trouble with the Insititute for Women in Spain because they claim it's sexist as it only features pictures of Female cabin crew and not men. Apparently in a statement the Insitute claimed it was significant that only women were used and they were not talking about morals or nudity more that as they had only used women it portrayed them as 'sexual objects'. So according to this train of logic their following if the airline had used some male models as well as Female, they would not have considered pictures of women in very little clothing with names such as Miss Wet, Miss Wild, Miss check in and Miss take off in any way to be portraying them as 'sexual objects'. I also wonder if they would have objected if all the models in the calender were male.

Anyway, there was worse news then that today. Yep I'm a celebrity get my out of here is about to start again. Argghhh......... Why? Haven't we suffered enough? Someone make the bad men stop. All hysterics aside I really can't stand that show. We're now going to have to put up with weeks of z list celebraties running around making fools of themselves in the Jungle.

A remake of the Karate Kid is apparently due next Summer. The lead role will be going to Will smiths son but the big question everybody will probably want to know is when it comes to cleaning should it still be " Wax on! Wax off!"

Yes in case you haven't guessed from all of the terrible jokes I am feeling in a good mood today and still got some of that energy, so my get up and go hasn't yet got up and gone.

It's institute tomorrow which should be fun. The Fair is also in Loughborough this week. As far as I'm aware theres no YSA trip going to it but of course they may well be one but I just don't know about it as lets just say with the new management in the YSA one of them has or at least seems to be forming a 'clique' which I am certainly not in. But I'm not going to dwell on that possibility in the slightist. If I'm wrong about it, well I've been wrong before and will not doubt be wrong again and if I'm right well theres not a lot I can do about it and I'll just depress myself if I stew on it.

See I told you I was in a good mood.

There is also a Dance on Friday in Nottingham which I'm still in two minds about. One I should go as if 'Miss right', no, no scratch that I'm being positive. Wherever Miss Right is out there it's unlikely that I'm just going to just bump into her in the Street so I should get out to these things, because as the saying goes who knows. There are after all plenty of girls out there and maybe even one or two geekettes :-)

The other mindset I have is that these things are not that fun if you don't have someone to go with or a 'wingman'. Which is my main problem right now as my usual wingman now leaves in another country and my choice for other 'wingmen' is extremely limited as most of the guys I get on well with are eiter married, dating, don't usually turn up to Dances or have just got engaged, which makes them poor choices for wingmen. Of course I suppose the other way I could look at it is that I should just stop making excuses and go to it as after all I went by myself to the national conference and that was a lot more nerve wracking. So I can do this. Think postive thoughts there Saxon, your not that old even if all the young YSA running around making you feel like your ready for the OAP home :-)

Tune in tomorrow for the reveal of Top secret project one. Admitally at first there won't be much to see but it will get better I promise. I also hope I haven't built it up too much but I guess thats neither here nor there right now.

I'm off to try and do something constructive.

Later folks!

No comments: