Sunday, November 23, 2008

An important lesson

Well I as well as the rest of the ward was taught an important lesson at Church today about the importance of always paying attention otherwise you might well be caught out like one sister who while putting her hand up during the vote to sustain someone to newcalling, starting talkign to her friend, failed to realise that the bishopric had called for any 'againist' and still had her hand stuck way up in the air. D'oh!

We also had someone return home from their mission today so as you can imagine he had had three quarters of the ward flocking around him. Still a new addition to the Loughborough YSA, or I guess in this case a 'readdition' is always welcome.

I pointed out to Physics that the YSA notice board hadn't been updated in a while and his first response was " We have a notice board?" I really should be surprised that no one bothered to tell him that when he was called but unfortunately I'm not. Still he has some ideas of what to put on the board. One suggestion he had was a huge poster listing all the qualties in a women then a big picture of him underneath saying something to the effect " This man free to a good home of any free single YSA woman who has all these qualties ". I then joked that maybe he could do a variation of that first world war poster. However I forgot that Physics will run with ides no matter how strange they might be so he suggested a poster with me and him pointing 'at the camera' as it were with a slogan to the effect " Young, Free, Female, Single, Clever, Intelligent? ( i asked if he had forgot modest but he assured me he hadn't as he has enough modesty to share :-) Then Saxon and physics wants you!". At which point I really wasn't sure if he was serious or not. So I guess I'll just have to see what's on the noticeboard next week. He doesn't have any pictures of me to do a variation of that last poster.

Or at least I hope he doesn't.

Still we were also discussing various things and whilst listing our various skills, I mentioned I can cook, clean, hover, iron, do the washing up, the laundry and drying etc. He looked at me funny in a way I think implied he thought I was winding him up about being able to do all that. He said " If you can do all that shouldn't it be really easy for you to get married as your well trained." My response " In theory yes, in reality at the moment sadly no." His response " Well if we wanted to we could become married by the end of the year", " Is this where we have to drop all our standards in order to do so?" I responded " Oh no" he assured me " You simply go out to thail land and flash your uk passport around." At which point I decided to leave the conversation there.

I had a small accident when I got home as whilst trying to avoid Owen in the doorway the door handle caught the inside pocket in my jacket and the linning ripped. Argghhh :-( Still Tap dance now has it and is going to see if she can fix it. Here's hoping!

Anyway, work tomorrow so a fresh week of interesting 'opportunities' now lie ahead.

Later folks!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Maybe she said "we have a board" in order to play dumb hoping you would hop in and offer to update it.

You have a happy Monday tomorrow and a great week ahead.

Ciao.

Saxon said...

possible I suppose.