Wednesday, November 12, 2008

This is why I stopped playing

He, he I've made a big mistake with facebook. I accepted someone's request to start playing tetris and I've now remembered why I stopped playing it in the first place it's too flipping addictive! Still at least I haven't yet reached the stage Grumpy and Tap Dance were at playing the game 'columns' as they would sit their for hours. Not that I'm aiming to do that of course I have many more things I could do to waste time :-) he, he, he....

Anyway, As promised Top secret project one has arrived. Sort of. If you follow this link all will be revealed. Theres not much there right now as it's only gone live today but more will appear soon.

It was another good day at work today even if I had to do one of the more boring jobs I have to do every few weeks. Still it could be worse and I could have to do it everywhere so I ain't complained.

Yes in case you haven't guessed I am still feeling full of energy and feeling positive too. So that's three days in a row! Wow that's weird, maybe it's not as hard as it looks to not be down in the dumps and mope around :-)

Random fact of the day. Physics actually served in the Luxembourg Ward on his Mission where Engineseer now lives. Although co incedences like that do tend to happen i nthe church. It's like th Mormon version of " Six degrees" although it seems like it rarely takes the full six to make a connection.

It was fun coming home from Insitute as I gave physics a lift which made I had someone to talk to and with Physics you can always guarentee that the conversation will be interesting. We got onto ( and don't ask me how as I can't remember) that old saying that some church members come out with and it mostly seems to be the smug ones who've just got married who say this " Those people who are single in the church could get married if they really wanted to just like that" and they usually tend to snap their fingers at the end for emphasis. My take on this saying is to wonder if theres some Sunday school lesson where they teach you the secret to do this that I missed. Physics said that there was no lesson but he could tell me the secret. When I asked him for what it was he said it was easy and all you have to do to get married like that ( he didn't add the finger snap) was to just drop all your standards for what you look for in a partner and You'll find someone 'just like that'. Ths set me off into a complete fit of the giggles, because what he said was funny and also imaging the reaction of our Sunday school teacher CF if he ever comes out with that line in class.

It seems there will be a ward YSA trip to the fair tomorrow. However when I asked GF what time we would be meeting she errd, said there were too many questions and then guessed at 8pm tomorrow. When I asked where she would be meeting she again erred and said at the fair? Obivousily forgetting that the fair covers all of Loughborough city centre. So I think that proves that although Ward YSA reps will come and go the lack of forward planning for YSA activies is for ever :-)

later folks!

4 comments:

anne said...

Tetris is very addictive, but I love playing it too. Good to hear you had a good holiday, the scenery looked beautiful.

The children loved the postcard, it arrived on Wednesday.

Here's a couple of links I though you might like, featuring your nephews. The first is an article from the Telegraph newspaper featuring Magnetix in a couple of the pictures. The second link is to a podcast on Classic FM on October 29th, featuring Lego.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2008/11/08/bacharles108.xml

http://www.classicfm.co.uk/sectional.asp?id=17535

Also Poser asks can you change her alias please? I suggest Drummer as she has just started having drumming lessons.

Treat Queen said...

What Physics said is so true. We could all get married like that if we just dropped our standards. But would that really get us where we want to go? You already know this, but its a short term solution to a long term problem.

Saxon said...

I'm glad you got the postcard okay.

I will also change her Alias

Saxon said...

oh I know that Treat queen. I guess it was one of those moments where you had to be that to get how funny it was because it is a really stupid suggestion.