Thursday, November 27, 2008

Not one of the best days of the month

I have said it before and I will say it again. Nobody is better at stuffing the roads up around here and causing huge confusion then the people who actually use the roads.

The problems on the road this morning couldn't have been more effective at causing things to come to a near complete halt if they were planned. There was a crash on the main motorway which closed it between junctions 22 to 24 northbound. So that was one main route between Leicester and Nottingham down. So everybody goes to the other route the A46 which then suffers an accident blocking it. People then start to come through Loughborough causing near gridlock then as they attempted to come across country slowing that route down and to then finally add to the fun the one main route everybody was now using to get into Nottingham was then half jammed by someone who managed to flip their car and get it on it's roof on a straight bit of road. There was no ice, no roadworks, no ramps apparently.How this guy managed to flip his car I have no idea. So it took me 1 hour 45 minutes to get into work.

Now unless your perfect saint you can not start your day stuck in traffic for that long with out getting very ticked off, so it did mean that I wasn't in the best of moods when I got to work and it just seemed to influence the day totally, so everything just seemed to drag... As soon as the day ended I was out that door ready and eager to get home and what happened. Yep I ran smack bang into another long traffic jam. I was tempted to bang my head on the steering wheel at this point in frustration but I realised the way my day had been going all that would have likely been to set the air bag off.

Still hopefully this day will be a one off and to be fair it has been the wost day I have had since my holiday and it could have been worse. I could have been stuck in the traffic for over two hours as happened to some people at work.

Chemistry and I went home teaching tonight. I know. I'll say that again for thoseo fo you who missed it or might be in shock we actually went hometeaching. We could only see one person but hey that still counts as 25% based on our list. We did have a small but significant problem initially when we turned up at his halls of residence to see him and we rang him to ask which door we had to use to get into his hall. He not in halls of residence anymore. The EQ presidency had given us an address for him for last year. I'm sure irony was off laughing his head off somewhere.

Well the fate of Batman has been revealed. Apparently Bruce wayne died in a helicopter crash taking out a villian. There was an explosion and he died. Apparently he must be dead as no ones seen him since. My reaction, Oh come on! It's so obivous he's not dead. I mean in comics it's a regular occurence for someone to come back from the dead when you have a body and it's been buried. The fact that he was last seen in a helicopter that exploded means zip. At least when Captain America died you saw him actually die.

Oh well I suppose in the grand scheme of things that isn't actually that important.

Well one more day until the weekend.

Later folks!

No comments: