Saturday, November 29, 2008

One word

If theres one word to sum up today it would have to be 'cold'. Yes it's been extremely cold all day. It started off a 1 on the temperature scale in Grumpys car and rose to a high of 3 degrees by mid day before then getting colder. That combined with the fog that was hanging around all morning meant that it wasn't one of the best days to go shopping.

It was also extremely busy with it being payday weekend, combined with the fact Christmas is alsmost upon us meant that there were some extremely long queues in places. Of course there wasn't a lot I could do about that so I had to just try and be patient and zen like. It didn't work nost of the time as I just felt cold and bored but on the plus side I did get a large part of my Christmas shopping out of the way today.

I spent most of the afternoon feeling very grateful for the invention of central heating even if we have had to crank it up high to keep the house warm. Still at least I was able to get some painting done so my next article will hopefully go up next week.

So Church tomorrow and I've actually had so many announcements for the bulletin this week I had trouble fitting them all in. Lets hope thats a sign of progress rather then an indication that things are alway busier at Christmas, hey?

Later folks

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh I remember having to do the weekly program and having difficulty in putting all those announcements in.... so how cold is it there this week?

With CT being called part of New England...it has to be the comparison to the gray cold weather in both places.

Saxon said...

I kind of have the opposite problem most weeks. I struggle to get any announcements to put in it!

I don't know for definite how cold it's been but it's certainly been in the minus figures!