Saturday, November 22, 2008

Tis the season for busy streets, knock off music and cheap deals

It must almost be Christmas as it seemed like every shop I went into today has starting playing the Christmas music. Not the good Christmas music of course more the cheap cover versions by which ever small band charged the least.

Oh well. At least it wasn't as a cold as I was expecting ans there were some very good deals around. Which was nice as I was starting the Christmas shopping today. The best deal of the day were found was in one supermarket who were selling two litre bottles of drink in a " Buy one get two free deal" Suffice to say we took full advantage of that and the garage is now rather well stocked with Drink.

There was also a brand new stall on the market today which was oh so good, but in another sense also oh so bad as it's called " The sweets that time forgot" and basically has every kind of sweet going from snowdrops, to jelly bears, to wine gums, to fizzy coke bottles all in large boxes and each box is only a £1. Unsurprisingly there was a huge queue for that stall.

But then agai nthere seemed to be huge queues everywhere today which I was surprised about as I would have thought they won't have started till next weekend but oh well.

I spend most of the afternoon reading, doing some painting and sorting through my DVD collection. Why to the last one? Well I'm one of these people who is very bad at putting things back in the right boxes and it was starting to get hard to find things. Still at least it was constructive and I didn't waste the afternoon by having a snooze.

Anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: