Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Heading up river

We had another later start this morning as Engineseer had decided to stay up later to watch the US election coverage. He had gone to bed before the final count had been confirmed but he had stayed up long enough to not be surprised that Obama had won.

We set out for remisch just before Lunchtime. I'm still finding it very weird that we're on the 'wrong side' of the road especially when we get to roundabouts and go round them the wrong way! Still Engineseer is more then used to it which is good as he was driving after all :-) He showed me the school where he worked and also pointed out the sheer crazyiness of roundabouts in Luxembourg. I thought the ones in the UK were bad sometimes!

We reached Remisch which is on the border between Germany and Luxembourg. Basically it's Luxembourg on one side of the river and Germany on the other. There is a sign in the middle of the bridge which marks the 'official' border as it goes down the centre of the river. We resisted the temptation to do an impression of Homer when he gets to a border.

We had a look round the town and ended up having lunch on the river bank as we got some takeaway from one of the cafes .

After Lunch we looked around the town for a bit longer before heading back to Luxembourg. We went to visit the main shopping center here which is absolutely huge and had a bewildering array of shops. Most of them seemed to be clothes shops though so not really that interesting to me at least :-)

We headed back to Engineseers whilst he pointed out some more sights including the chinese embassy. Which is in a house at the bottom of the hill from where he lives. I think the closest major thing to where I live is the pub.

We had to the coyote Bar for dinner which is a film themed restaurant. It was great which lots of memorabilia and a life size Alien and predator. Even though it was called Coyote It didn't have the coyote ugly girls behind the bar though. Unfortunately :-)

Engineser warned me that the portions were legendary there but I didn't realize that he wasn't over exgasarating in the slightest. When my starter arrived I was gob smacked. I've seen main meal dishes which were less then half the size of the plate of potato wedges I had plonked down in front of me. Needless to say I finished less then a quarter of the plate. Mainly as there was so many and that if I had eaten any more of the wedges my mouth would probably have melted.

We don't have a definite plan for tomorrow so we're aiming to play it by ear but we will definitely be getting up to something as it is my last day of Holiday after all.

Later folks!

No comments: