Wednesday, February 27, 2008

well thats enough excitment for one day

If there was one good thing about the earthquake this morning it was that it gave people something to talk about at work with the two main questions being, Did it wake you up? and what did you think it was? Answers ranging from people thinking it was a HGV going past to the next door neighbours roof falling off. Several people said they had great difficulty getting back to sleep. Me? I simply shrugged and fell back to sleep straight away. Which did lead to a little bit of confusion when I woke up and as I wondered if it did actually happen or had I just had some crazy dream.

Grumpy of course slept through the whole thing.

Traffic was light this morning. Amazingly light as a matter of fact. It's worrying when that happens. It's usually a sign that the other shoe is about to drop and we're going to be hit with several days worth of bad traffic. I just hope they finish those roadworks soon. I hate to sound like Grumpy but I can never figure out why it takes them so long to do the darn things!

It was the last lesson of the eternal marriage course tonight. Hurrah!! in fact I think it deserves a double Huraah Hurrah! Yes we will have to have two lessons on the old testament for the next three weeks, and yes the old testament is hard but at least it wouldn't depress me as much as some of the marriage course lessons have. Based on the usual rotation of courses this should be the last time I do the marriage course ( I think) as by the next time it roles round I wouldn't be YSA anymore as I'll either be a SA or married. As most of you can probably guess I'd prefer the latter option as opposed to the former.

anyway, two more days to go until it's the weekend again.

later!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think that you will ever "graduate" from the eternal marriage lessons...they are intertwined in every RS/Priesthood/SS manual.

But, hey, hopefully, you will get your wish to be married really soon...there's nothing like having a lesson that you can feel good about accomplishing..there are just so many that you feel guilty every time you hear it.

Unknown said...

What's an HGV?

Saxon said...

HGV stands for Heavy Goods Vehicle, basically really large lorrys.

Rhonda said...

Hey, I heard about the earthquake there...

all the way over here!

... and you slept through it!

Glad you are all right.

Saxon said...

no it did wake me up, it was as soon as it finished I shrugged and went straight back to sleep.