Monday, February 11, 2008

Mondays, flipping Mondays

As long term readers might know, Mondays are far from my favourite day of the week. Firstly it's the start of a new week of work and I also have to deal with three days worth of emails and so forth in one day. Turf in the usual traffic I have to fight my way through, it's easy to see why I'm not keen on this day. It didn't help this morning that I was running late and legged it out the door to discover the car was iced over. After saying one or two words of a dubious nature I frantically hunted out the de-icer and tried to clear the windscreen. By the time I finally got it de iced and the inside demisted I was running nearly 15 minutes late. I really thought I was in trouble.

But I had forgot one thing.

It's half term in the UK which means that more then two thirds of the morning traffic well wasn't around. Not only was I able to make the 15 minutes up I also got to work earlier then I usually do. Result! So I have a week (touch wood) of easy driving to and from work.

Unfortuantely the level of emails that had come in over the weekend decided not to be so nice and I had nearly a hundred to answer. The total wasn't helped by a lot emails regarding the recent changes we announced to one of our product ranges, on the plus side if there are any swear words in these emails I have been told that I can count them as abusive and ignore them. Which paradoxically is a good and bad thing. It means the number of emails I have to answer is reduced but there is also a lot that I have to ignore. It's not a nice feeling to get nasty emails.

Another thing which is increasing the emails is a competition we're running. We run one on a regualr basis and they are always very popular. However no matter how clear or how much we explain the rules there are always people who just don't 'get it' or try and look for the loopholes. One of the main rules is that they have to stick to our official background. Which means I have lots of questions if using information from Wilkepedia is valid! I do wish I could tell them to pick up a book instead of relying on the internet!

I slowly starting to master publisher at work. It's early days as it were but I've just produced my first order form using it and it's looks a heck of a lot better and is a lot easier to use then Microsoft word :-)

I had to give feedback on that manucript I read for work. It seemed to go well. The only nerve wracking part was that the editor I was giving the feedback to had actually wrote the book! That's the first time I've ever given feedback to an author face to face!

anyway, I guess that's all for now. I'm starting to put myself to sleep :-)

later!

4 comments:

Ader Family said...

Good luck this week.

And hey - you are more than welcome to come visit us anytime so you aren't alone. Or if you just need a vacation from those awful Mondays....
~Steph

Mike Ball said...

I feel your pain mate. I love going out to see clients but when I get back there's always a stack of emails to get through.

I've yet to pluck up the courage to do the thing that someone we both know once did. Allegedly Mr X selected all of his unread emails (over 200 in total) and deleted them when he came back off holiday declaring "If it's important, they'll email back".

Go on, I dare you!

Saxon said...

thank you for the offer steph

Saxon said...

hmmm, I've been wondering all afternoon who Mr X is.