Sunday, February 03, 2008

Is it very wet snow or simply very cold rain?

Well it snowed yesterday, well sort of. It was only the most miniscule of layer of snow that formed on the ground and it disappeared very quickly. Sigh I remember the good old days when snowfall round here could be measured in feet, not the Cm it's measured in these days.

Mind you despite it being a rather poor snowfall it has been very windy and cold the past two days so we've had to have the central heating cranked up. It's also been very annoying going to the freezer as we're still having to go right the way round the outside of the house to get to the garage as the back doors still stuck. I hope Grumpy gets a move on and gets someone to fix it soon otherwise it's got the potential to become realllllyyyyy annoying.

Well back to work tomorrow. Maybe it's because I'm getting older and in full time employment but it doesn't seem like the weekend last very long anymore. Hopefully things will have calmed down at work but after reading a couple of posts on our forums, I visited a certain authors blog to discover he has managed to let a rather important piece of information regarding the restructing at work out of the bag which wasn't supposed to be announced until the end of march. This unfortuantely has the potential to give people a 'second wind' as it were to encourage them to send in complaints. and guess which muggins will have to answer them.......

My appraisal went well on Friday. A couple of improvement points, but nothing to get a slapped wrist over. Which is always nice.

I got myself a couple of DVD's at the weekend. I'm amasing quite a collection now. But when I was in one shop I saw a display that reminded me it's approaching that time of year again. Yep, Valentines day. Now most people know I used to be somewhat cynical about valentines days, but I wasn't last year. The main difference being last year for the first time ever I wasn't single for valentines day, but this year I am back to being single again, so it's back to my usual cynical ways and watching all the happy couples with the envious eyes of a singleton.

Oh well, time to go back to sticking that Ork Truk together me thinks. Yes, I've been having a geeky afternoon :-)

later,

9 comments:

Mike Ball said...

I was shocked to say some CLASSIC 80's movies on sale in Nottingham for £2 yesterday - greats such as Ghostbusters, Gremlins, Goonies... maybe they were clearning out the 'G' section?

Saxon said...

maybe

Ader Family said...

Valentine's Day is most certainly "Single's Awareness Day" which is what we've all begun to refer to it as . . .

And no worries - you are not the only singleton.
~Stephanie

Unknown said...

Love all those G movies Mike.

We've been experiencing similar weather...but are glad for the rain..we've been in a droubt. (is that spelled right...looks funny)

Unknown said...

glad to see you've met Stephanie..love that girl

Anonymous said...

you wernt single last valantiens day? who was your bird? what happened?

Saxon said...

is that spelled right...looks funny

no, but I wouldn't comment any further as me speleng knot so gud sumetimes evether

Saxon said...

you wernt single last valantiens day?

don't sound so surprised anonymous.

Things didn't work out and that as much detail as I will go into.

I didn't comment at the time about what happened and I won't comment now. Theres just somethings I won't blog about

Saxon said...

thanks stephanie