Sunday, February 10, 2008

Well maybe one day

Well I once heard somebody say that it's in the depths of the night when you can't sleep that the biggest and most life changing thoughts will come to you. Well maybe that was true for that person for me, the only thought which came was that I really don't like the stupid automatic light that the house whose garden backs onto our has. Yes in case you didn't guess I had real probems sleeping last night. I was tossing and turning near enough the whole time. Don't know why, just one of them things. The downside was it was very hard to get up for church. The temptation to stay in bed was almost overwhelming.

Sacrement was interesting. We had three new Elders move into the ward this week so they all gave testimonys and photoshop and his son both gave talks. His son did look like he wished he was somewhere else, but considering it's nerve racking enough for a adult to get up there and he's only 12 it's understandable. He gave a very good talk.

Sunday school was a bit quiet. Mainly becuase we only had four people in the class. Traveller was there though. She was back from her uni course as it's half term. It was great to see her, as she's great to talk to and she's a good listener. It's not the same without her around.

Priesthood, was well the usual. Engineseer was in a nagging, eh I mean 'prompting mood' and kept encouraging me to go and speak to the EQ president again about my home teaching list. So I did, or at least I tried to as I didn't even get a chance to speak before he started speaking and said that yes he was still aware that I hadn't got a home teaching list or partner as it was on his to do list. Mind you he didn't specify where it was on his to do list so who knows when it will actually get done. Oh well maybe I'll get a new hometeaching list someday.

I've finally finished that manuscript for work. It's interesting and a fairly good read. There are some bits that need changing but there's still plenty of time for that.

They've just told us we're going to be having a 'away day' for our diversion', which is always nice. The chance to get out of the office for a day etc. What's not so nice is it's on the far side of Nottingham and according to the Map it's a 55 minute drive on clear roads, so goodness knows how long it's going to take during rush hour!

I bought a new book on the tudors yesterday and had to buy a new pair of trainers. My old one spilt right across the sole which is annoying as that seems to happen to all of my trainers these days. Grumpy reckons it's due to wearing them whilst driving. Which is probably true and theres not a lot I can do about it. I could try using it a excuse to miss work " Sorry, can't come because If I drive it's damages my trainers. Hmm what's this bit of paper your giving me, seems to have the ltter P and the numbers 4 and 5 on it"

Anyway, I've spent a large part of the afternoon sticking models together. I know, I know. Could I be any more geeky? ( rhetorical question by the way).

YSA FHE has been moved back again by another week. If it keeps getting moved back it wil lbe time for Marchs before we had Februarys!

oh well,

later!

2 comments:

Mike Ball said...

I know what you mean - I occasionally suffer from insomnia and I've had no life changing thoughts yet. Plenty of hair-brained schemes but nothing life changing.

Saxon said...

Hair-brained schemes?

the mind boggles