Thursday, February 07, 2008

It's been a interesting 24 hours

Well for once I think the title of the post really says it all. It’s been a mildly interesting 24 hours. But of was this interesting 24 hours comprised hmm?? I think it’s time for a flashback ( cue Wayne’s worlds sound) Do, le do, do le do, do le do.

Well due to the strangeness of the roads round here I never go home before institute. Mainly because it takes longer for me to get home from work then to get into Leicester (the journey is about twice as far). So as it would take more time to get home and then go onto institute, plus the extra distance I would travel, I always head straight into Leicester and stop off to get tea somewhere. I was in the queue to get some food when AR and EP walked in. Now I’m only referring to them by their initials as I am completely stuck as to what codenames to give them, but I digress. After sitting and chatting to both of them for a little while and it made eating Tea much nicer to have some female company, rather then sitting their eating in silence by myself, huddled in corner like I usually do. They asked me to send their apologies to Bro H as they wouldn’t be making it to institute that night.

( Note: Just before my American readers wonder why I’m eating a ‘drink’ allow me to explain. In the UK most people will refer to the evening meal as dinner or ‘Tea’. )

So I get to institute, I pass on the apologies to Bro H and what then guess what happens halfway through the first lesson? Yes both of the girls walk in. Leaving me somewhat baffled as to why they said they weren’t coming to begin with but I suppose their you go. Mine is not to reason why, especially when it comes to the Female mind. That way doeth madness lie!

I headed home, carefully though as my tires are still with the ‘100 miles’. I got in at the same time as Grumpy, who wanted me to help with something on the computer again. Now what happened next is especially ironic considering I have been doing lots of exercise at the moment (weights and bike). I got up from the chair in office to feel something for want of a better term “ Happen” to one of the muscles in my thigh. And it hurt, a lot. In fact so much I had trouble putting any weight on my leg at all. Other people hurt themselves when exercising, me I can hurt myself standing up from a freaking chair. What are the odds? ( well quite good obviously)

After taking a couple of ibuprofen ( I’m so glad I learned how to swallow pills. I never used to be able to do it), I settled down to watch torchwood. There was something to do with a space whale in this episode apparently but A I’m not sure and B to be honest I found it the first bad episode in this series. There was one good line though.
“ I hunt aliens!”
“ In CARDIFF?”

It was just the way he put the emphasis on Cardiff which made it sound like it would a much more plausible story in any other city in the UK.

I woke up late this morning. Obviously the first time my alarm went off I must have caught the snooze button, but fortunately the second time it went off it did the job and woke me up. I was running around getting ready when I realised my leg wasn’t hurting at all. Which seemed odd, considering how much it had hurt the night before. So goodness knows what I did there. Whilst trying to make my lunch I discovered that we hadn’t got any fresh bread out, so I was left with the option of having breakfast, or making sarnies for my lunch. I finally opted for making lunch, otherwise without it, those vending machines might have proved just to tempting to resist.

When I finally rolled out and hit the roads I discovered something quite disturbing. There were no traffic jams. None at all! I had a clear run into work the entire way. Not that I’m complaining it’s just without the kids being on half term it’s just odd.

I have been dealing with several long running customer service issues at work. One of which involves a Frenchman who seems to have developed extensive powers of sarcasm. Which I thought summed up the bizarreness of the past 24 hours rather well. If there’s anything I don’t need right now it’s a sarcastic Frenchman!

It’s also Tap dances birthday today. So Happy birthday tap Dance! Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your point of view I don’t have any old photos of her I can put up. I could have used them as part of a history lesson about changing hairstyles through the years : - )

One more day to survive and it’s the weekend.

Later!

4 comments:

Mike Ball said...

Sarcastic Frenchman? You don't see that everyday! What next, a humerous German?

Glad your leg injury didn't last - I've been carrying a calf strain for the last 10 days and it's driving me crazy. Well done on having the willpower to make sandwiches and resist the vending machines!

We should arrange a game of 40K sometime when you're free.

Unknown said...

You read my mind about the tea..not only that you were drinking for dinner, but TEA as a Mormon?

And my next question? sarnie????

Americans and Englishmen share a love of hating the Frenchman.

Glad your leg it better.

And learn this while you are young, it will save you sorrow...

women are always entitled to change their minds!

I am keeping notes for my next english ed and et, just have to get through some other stuff first.

Saxon said...

sarnie is a term for sandwiches.

Yes the whole referring to Dinner as tea thing is funny. It was great trick to play on missionaries straight from the MTC " Would you like some tea Elder?" Look on there fact was priceless especially when their companions played along.

After being at a uni when the female to male ratio was 13 to 1 in my final year, I well aware of women changing their minds on a regular basis!

Saxon said...

I'm in the middle of painting up a new ork army Mike, I'll let you know when I have enough points ready (excuse ladies, geek talk :-)