Saturday, February 16, 2008

Blame it on the weatherman

Well I don't know what the heck is going on with the weather this week. We've had snow, rain, overcast skies, clear skies, bright blue skies, bright sunshine, fog and now apparently the temperature is set to reach -9 overnight. All I can say is thank goodness for central heating. Lovely invention :-)

I've got this training away day thing on Tuesday. We all had to fill in one of those questionnaire things. I'm sure you all now the type I mean, do you agree or disagree with this statement etc. Their also the ones which say something like " There are no wrong answers" I always imagine there is a second part to their statement " but there are answers your bosses may not like". We also had to fill in a thing saying what our priority for the next month and three months are. Mine was returned as my line manager said I had put nothing about meeting my Kpi's. Me thinking logically of course assumed that was a given anyway but I had to rewrite it anyway. So my top priority for my job for the next month is to basically do my job.

No I'm not sure why I had to specify that specifically either, but again mine is not to reason why.

Shopping went the same as usual today sides from the fact it was flipping freezing out. It was not a nice sensation to keep walking into boiling hot shops then having to go back into the cold outside.

Manuscript reading's going okay for work. This one is much better then the one I was reading last week. Although to be fair to the previous author he had to write in a lot shorter time than usual.

Celebrity news! ( yes, I've been reading the celebrity news on website, I'm currently that bored) Cheryl Cole from Girls aloud is back in the UK after taking a holiday after her husband cheated on her. I have only one thing to say to the Husband. Are you Crazy?? You have seen who your married to right?

You can now buy a model of the monster from the movie cloverfield complete with 10 parasites, 70 points of articulation with incredible ‘life like detail ‘, isn’t this a odd thing to say when talking about a monster that was a special effect in a movie! But the strangest thing has to be that is comes complete with an accessory of the statue of Liberty’s head! Yes you read that right. This is the sort of thing that doesn’t appeal to uber geeks like me. The only ones it would probably appeal to are either people who spend a lot of time in a padded room or a “ Geek king” a species of geek so rare nobody is even sure if they actually exist. I’m not going to embrace the stereotype here and make some joke about it probably being because they never leave their Mum’s basement....Oh wait I just did.


Well Grumpy is out as per usual on a Saturday night ( I really have no social life right now do I?) So I have the house to myself. Just finished watching Primeval. It's fun but I do agree with what one reviewer said in the paper " It's like the anti-torchwood". At least you don't see the main character in primeval trying to kiss something every episode.

anyway,

later!

1 comment:

Scully said...

My Saturday night was spent on the treadmill and then online window shopping for all the lovely spring clothes and shoes I can't afford. So, um, I commiserate with you.