Tuesday, February 19, 2008

If i Didn't know would is still be as cold?

Grumpys car has a great little gadget that mine doesn't. It's a temperature gauge which displays the outside temperature on the display in the centre of the dashboard. When the temperature gets too cold it beeps and flashes a mesage warning you that there's risk of ice and if the temperature gets below 0 the display will keep flashing. Now yes this is a good thing but I suppose it also can be bad in in the sense that sometimes you just don't need to know how cold it is and telling you theres a risk of ice when you've just spent the last 10 minutes de icing the car seems a little pointless. However I was shocked this morning when I started Grumpys car to discover the temperature was at - 5! But we'll get to that in a minute.

Well on Sunday night there was a YSA Fireside at the stake centre. For a change and because I felt guilty about Engineseer always giving me lifts to these things, I borrowed Grumpys car and have Engineseer and Black widow a life. We had no idea what the topic was going to be and we finally decided that it was likely to be marriage or dating etc. So we were somewhat surprised when the fireside started to be told it was about communication! Which some people looked surprised about. Well I was suppose there was goign to be a YSA Fireside on something else asides from marriage eventually.

Work yesterday was actually quiet for once. Which was quite scary for a Monday and I did spend five minutes after clearing the email inbox by Lunchtime that something was wrong. That kind of thing just never happens on a Monday. Still mustn't look a gift horse in the mouth. It shoud ( and I emphasis should) mean that I have less stuff to do when we're back in the office tomorrow.

We finally had YSA FHE last night. ( the next ones only in two weeks). It was a lot of fun, especially the activity afterwards. When I get round to it I'll post one of the girls 'pictonary' attempts at drawing bacon and eggs with her eyes closed. Cordeila was there as well, which was nice as we haven't seen her in a couple of weeks as ( in her words not mine)" She gets around".

So we had this team away day training thingy today. I had to get up half and hour earlier then usual which was not fun. Grumpy let me use his car however as I'm a lot more confident driving in his car if I don't know where I'm going and have lots of duel carriageways to negioate. I was glad of his car when I came across a patch of ice on one of the roads ( Ice is my all time driving fear as I wrote off my first car after encountering some black ice) but I managed to keep calm and it didn't cause me any problems as I kept the car under control and slowed right down. I did pass two other cars which weren't so lucky.

It was a interesting day. We got our 'team management profiles' which were the results of those questionaires we had to fill out. So apparently according to the Margerison-McCann team management wheel my major role is that of Reporter Adviser with related roles of Creator innovator and Upholder Maintainer. Makes me sound a lot cleverer doesn't it?

The only downside to the day was that there was next to nothing I liked in the lunch we were served. I ended up having several pieces of bread and that was in. Oh well hazards of being a fussy eater I guess. I suppose it could only help in the old diet, which by the way is going well as I've just lost my first stone. Yah me! I think

anyway,

Later!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

A stone? Still don't know. I never come back and read your comment on my comment (just so you know - I just have too much to keep up on)

So, come around and comment on my blog...where have you been? Have I not written anything funny enough for you?

Two words of the day besides stone (congrats by the way on the loss of it) lift and dual carriageway.

Saxon said...

a stone is about 14lbs.

a lift is what we call a elevator. It's also a phrase we use when we give somebody a ride.

A Dual carriageway is a type of road. It's four lanes, two going each way but it's not quite big enough to be a motorway.

and I have just commented on your blog.

Unknown said...

Thanks Saxon...I was getting worried that you didn't love me anymore?

So, I thought that a galleon was a form of money...I guess I am wrong...it is a fluid measurement?

So my sentence about the Nimbus 2000 is totally incoherent?

Anonymous said...

A galleon what harry potter buys his nimbus with...a gallon is a fluid measurement...just to clear things up!!!

Anonymous said...

*just wanted to spell my name right haha!

Saxon said...

I thought I had spelt that wrong. Thanks becky.