Wednesday, February 13, 2008

La la la I'm not listening, or watching, or reading.....

Well it’s the dreaded V day tomorrow and what better way to take my mind of that day and my single status that going to institute to the eternal marriage course. Wait a second…… Well I suppose it could be worse, it could be V day today and I would have to sit in a lesson about eternal marriage whilst being single on the most romantic night of the year. Well I guess it’s just me and good book tomorrow night. I’m resisting the temptation to get a bar of chocolate though. Maybe I should just refer to tomorrow as the day that shall not be named.

I’m hoping for one of the happy institute lessons tonight. If it’s one of the depressing ones I might have real problems getting up tomorrow. Torchwood is on again tonight and hopefully it will improve over last week’s effort and not having Captain Jack kissing things again. He’s bi, we get it, we know! It doesn’t have to keep trying to prove it the entire time. I have no idea why they have increased him doing that this series. There’s no need for it. (Wow I sound old here don’t I?)

The weather has been behaving a little oddly this week. There’s been bright sunshine, blue skies and for some reason it’s freezing. Literally! I’ve had to de ice every morning this week. Although it could be worse I suppose. If we’d had any snow we would probably be in real trouble!

The number of difficult emails at work is reducing. The unfortunate side effect of this is the ones that are still coming in seem to be increasing in nastiness. Despite my Sunday school teachers advice to Engineseer and I it is very hard to feel charitable to someone who’s taken the time to write a nasty email with lots of swear words in it, even if it’s not directly at you personally.

I just found out then one of the American YSA students who was studying in Leicester last year is coming back to visit for a couple of days and the YSA are planning a trip to the coast with her on.. Monday. See this is the problem with being one of the ‘older’ YSA. Your not a student and have to work for a living which means its impossible for you to re arrange your schedule on such short notice, or get time of work. So it looks like I’m going to miss seeing her, which is sad and annoying in equal measure.

Anyway,

Later !

8 comments:

Scully said...

Yes, being a responsible adult has its downsides. Especially where time off is concerned. But paychecks are nice, too.

Nemesis said...

Which YSA is it? Anyone I know?

Enginseer said...

I belive its Brittany whi was here at the same time as you so yuo'll probably know her!
p.s. Chris... my blog has inally been updated ;)

Saxon said...

indeed scully, paychecks are very nice. would be nice if they were bigger too :-)

Saxon said...

I don't think you met this YSA Nemesis, I think you two 'just missed' each other

Saxon said...

I know Engineseer, I saw. I thought I was dreaming to begin with!

Unknown said...

I am glad that the day that must not be named is over for you.

Thanks for reminding me of a really freaky V-day story. Read my blog for a funny story about the day that must not be named (if i can get to it tonight)

Saxon said...

I'll head over now to read it Alice