Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Shake, rattle and roll

Well I have to say that this was a first. Rather then getting woken up in the early hours of this morning by my alarm, the light from the neighbours back garden or Grumpy banging around I got woken up by a earthquake. Yes you read that correctly, I got woken up by a earthquake.

It hit just before 1am and measured 5.3 on the richter scale. Even though it's epicentre was in Lincoln we still felt it.

Lets hope thats the most exciting thing that happens today.

Did any of my english readers feel it/ get woken up by it? Where were you in the UK?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW...that's big one. Growing up in CA, we had them all the time, but I always slept right through them...glad you guys are ok.

Anonymous said...

wow, you finally felt the earth move!

Saxon said...

well drat it's nice to see your sense of humour remains unchanged from school days :-)

Saxon said...

yeah we're fine. Grumpy slept through the whole thing

anne said...

We felt the earthquake up here in Wakefield. I was the only one who did though, everyone else slept through it, the children were very disappointed

Saxon said...

I can imagine they were

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I slept right through it. However M told me the following day that she woke to the sound of the wardrobe doors shaking on their own. Thinking in her half sleep that it was an axe murderer hiding there she tried to wake me. I recall none of this but apparently I responded rather grumpily that "there's nothing to see" and promptly went back to sleep. Not a supportive husband in that particular moment of concern I am afraid but in my defence I don't remember any of this.