Sunday, August 23, 2009

wondering minds

I've been having a lot of random thoughts running through my head today.

Firstly why is it that I'm so adept at putting my foot in my mouth sometimes it's not one foot I manage to get in thre but two.

Secondly why would our local clothes store put the ladies toilets in the mens section of the shop? Is it bad design? A hold over from a previous store layout? Or some sort of clever marketting tool which is so clever it's far, far beyond me.

Thirdly I noticed that peopled were still shaking the hands of investigators at church today? Does the ban on handshaking not apply to them as their not members or are a lot of members just very forgetful and forgot the ban.

Fourthly, why do I have all of these random thoughts running through my head today?

Who knows? Coz I certainly don't and it really has just been one of those days.

The start date for the new insitute course has been announced as the 23rd September and for the first time it will be at the Loughborough chapel. Which will make it a heck of a lot easier to get, cheaper too. Although of course with the randomness of the traffic system around here although it will be easier and cheaper to get to it won't be quicker.

Go figure.

We're going to be having some activities this September as it will be the 40th aniversary of the formation of our ward. Apparently theres going to be some sort of fireside about the history of the ward which will no doubt feature lots of the photos taken when the members were constructing the chapel. Yes that's right, the members actually built the chapel. Not that we would be able to do that these days. We'd probably make some health and safefy person faint in shock at the mere suggestion.

well it's back to work tomorrow after my week off. It will be a shorter week then usual as I have taken Friday off as that's when I will be travelling up to conference and yes it looks like I will be going it alone as it were. Oh well. The one thing I must remember to do is to take a extra pillow with me as I say that every year and always forget.

So with the conference next weekend we have reached that point of the year where there will be the only planned/intentional break in blog posts. So from Saturday through to Monday evening there will be no posts. It will probably be Tuesday before I post my usual in depth epic series of blog posts detailing all of the highs and hopefully very few to no lows of the weekend. So make sure you tune in then.

Later folks.

2 comments:

Nemesis said...

Hand-shaking ban? Huh? I have never heard of such a thing, please tell me more!

Saxon said...

because of the swine flu outbreak they've asked us to refrain from shaking hands in church until we're told it's okay to do so.

I'm guessing they've not done that in the USA then?