Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What's good for the frog

Well I suppose we shouldn't be that surprised. The crazy frog released his own song after appearing in adverts so it was only a matter of time before the meerkat released one.

Yes Aleksandr Orlov, the slavic upper class talking meerkat of the compare the market insurance adverts is apparently going to be releasing his own song.

For those not in the know, Aleksandr appears in the adverts complaining that people are swamping his website comparethemeerkat.com searching for cheap car insurance when they should be going to comparethemarket.com . He then usually finishes the adverts with his catchphrase, seemples! usually after going to great lengths to point our peoples mistakes, the latest of which involves him putting on a puppet show to try and get his point across!

If he does release a song my guess is "seemples" is probably going to be part of the chorus.

Speaking of adverts, apparently according to the latest new one to grace our screens what women really want is not flowers when you turn up to collect them for a date, but rather mascara so they can have increase the length of their eye lashes. Although the women in the advert only seems to be there for her looks as her acting was so woodern you would have trouble telling her apart from a tree.

the birthday present for my friend has arrived and it's awesome! I won't say what it is, in case she reads this and that would kinda spoil the surprise wouldn't it?

16 days to conference, 8 until my birthday. Not that I'm counting or anything :-)

I am taking next week off though from work as I thought I needed a break after several very busy weeks with my secondment and the forthcoming busy period we're about to go through at work. Plus it is my birthday after all and I know of few people who want to work on their birthday if they can avoid it.

anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: