Saturday, August 08, 2009

Lying around

What's the main benefit of getting Saturdays 'back' as a day off? I get my saturday morning lie in back. Woo-hoo!

Although it wasn't as quite a long a lie in as I would have liked as Owen decided to play his favourite game of dropping toy down the stairs then charging down after it. It was even more annoying then usual this morning as it was using his new boy which makes a squeaking sound and it still made a squeaking sound when he dropped it. I would blame the person who bought him that stupid ball but I won't.

Mainly as that was me.

Oh well at least it keeps him occupied.

The weather has finally turned nice and it's been sunny all day. In fact so sunny that we were able to leave our coats at home when we went shopping which even though we are in summer has been a rare occurence the past few weeks.

Although after getting used to Nottingham, I have now realised so badly the selection of shops in Loughborough sucks! Oh well at least we have a comic book store even if 'House of Heroes' isn't quite on the same scale as 'Forbidden planet'.

Yes I really am that geeky.

Only twelve days to my birthday now when I will be another year older but almost certainly not much wiser :-) and three weeks to this years ysa conference. Nottingham stake are just hanging in there with having the most YSA going. Seeing as I am going to be the only person going from leicester I did send a note through to one of the girls in Nottingham offering car space if any of their ysa are struggling for lifts. Well it would be a good way to get to know new people and the worst thing they can say is no.

I spent a large chunk of the afternoon cleaning out the cupboard under the stairs. Don't ask me why I started to that I just suddenly had one of those random moments when the mess in there started to really annoy me and I wanted it cleaned up. Which it is now plus theres enough room to stand the ironing board up without have to worry about it falling back on top of you.

So that's probably about 5% of the house now tidy 95% to go.

Oh well, what can I say, as two men living in a house Grumpy and I seemed to have firmly embraced the male stereotype. I.e we're really bad at cleaning!

Anyway,

Later folks.

4 comments:

drat said...

hey saxon

its funny you talking about your lie-ins on saturday

for some reason i cant lie in.

even when i have nothing to do i seem to be waking up like, 1 and a half to 2 hours earlier.

since i started excercising ive found it so much easier to wake up in the mornings. you know what i mean?

it used to take a crane to lift me out of bed, and i would still be "asleep" at my desk untill at least 10am, but now its like waking up really early each day, its pretty good.

Saxon said...

I tend to appreciate my lie-ins as I see more then enough early mornings during the week thank you very much :-)

drat said...

ha ha! good point!

what time do you have to wake up to get to work?

i'm lucky, i just moved house with my girlfriend and Im only 6 mins away from work now! perfect!

Saxon said...

7am