Friday, August 07, 2009

What to do, what to do

Well it's the end of another week and I'm going to have to get used again to having Saturdays off! I know it's such a hard life isn't it.

On the plus side the weather might and I emphasis might have just taken a turn for the better as we've had sunshine for most of the afternoon. Now if only it can hold out until the Ward BBQ tomorrow.

Theres a new advert on the TV for a new chinese sauce from Uncle Ben's. If you believe the advert it's very useful if you ever have a group of chinese stereotypes decide to drop by for dinner.

In a case of you couldn't make it up, the actor who is the 'star' of the adverts on TV that tell you how to avoid swine flu and spreading it around has himself just caught swine flu. So he's either really unlucky or just didn't take his own advice.

Grumpy is a bit annoyed at the governments plans to do away with free bus pases for some OAPs. He can't understand why the government is going to do away with one of it's most popular iniatives. And I have to say I agree with him, it's not so much a case of shooting yourself in the foot as taking it off with a chainsaw.

He also was unhappy with Midsummer Murders on Wednesday saying their now getting a bit unbelievable. Only now? Remember this is a county where if I remember correctly has had over 200 murders in about ten years and the only reason the lead policeman is still in his job with one of the worst murder rates in the country is that his clean up rate must be the best in the country. Lets not forget his wife who might as well be called the Angel of Death because whenever she turns up for any sort of social function you can be sure someone's about to die!

I've found the inspiration I was searching for so it's just a short post today as I have a idea, I have a plan and a box full of bits so I'm off to build something.

Later folks!

No comments: