Saturday, August 15, 2009

High tech low tech

When I write my blog at home I tend to use the computer in Grumpys 'office' which is at the front of the house and the way the computers set up it allows me to see out of the window. I was just about ready to start writing todays post when I noticed that it was getting very black outside. Some rather nasty black clouds have just arrived so theres probably a good chance it will rain any second, but when they did arrive they formed a near perfect line so there was this shadow which was rolling along the ground, sort of like the effect in independence day, without the fire and alien ships of course. It was really quite bizare.

I didn't get my usual long lie in this morning as I had to get up as the windscreen guy was due from anytime after 9am. However to give him his due he turned up relatively early (1oam) and got it fixed quite quickly and did a great job. His mix of tools was quite amusing as there was a curious combination of quite high tech looking gear and some rather low tech gear including a razor blade and a lighter.

The weather has also been unsettled all day as it's been threatening to rain most of the day. Which meant I had to carry my coat around whilst shopping as it was too hot to wear it but it was too likely to rain to leave it in the car because if I had I'm sure it would have rained. And rained pretty darn hard too!

I was quite amused to see a headline on cnn's website
" Britain seizes control of islands off coast of florida"
My first thought was, have we invaded? Has brown taken the criticism of the NHS in the USA badly and got fed up of twittering about it?

ehh no.

Apparently we're just taking over the government due to corruption issues.

On the islands not the UK.

I'm contemplating using a idea which was suggested to me by another gamer. He calls it a 'guilt list', apparently you make a list of every model you have that's unpainted and you set yourself a goal to cross a certain number off the list by painting them before you can buy anymore. Which is actually a interesting idea because if theres one affliction tabletop gamers tend to suffer from it's " Shiney new army syndrome" where you basically see a new model and want to buy it because it's new and shiney. Pretty much self explanatory I suppose :-)

Anyway, this is my 990 post which means only 10 more to the big 1000.

Later folks.

No comments: