Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I don't know if they've got it

I was somewhat bemused to see that they are planning to fast track a Battlestar galactica movie for release in cinemas as the series is over basically. It had a definitive ending and I warned for a moment if we would end up with a movie 'set in the past' of some major event/plot twist that the characters involved in said event would never mention again for the rest of the series.

erhhh no.

The fast tracked Battlestar Galactica movie will actually be based on the original show not the remake. Now some smart executive somewhere probably thinks this is a good idea but no one has obivously bothered to tell him that there were some major differences between the two shows and a healthy fan base for the remake will not translate into lots of people going to see a movie based on the original series.

But then again I suppose it does fit the pattern for films at the moment which are either remakes, reimagings, or based on some old tv show that only rabbid fans remember. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

You might remember me mentioning that show in the states called Defying Gravity. Well apparently it's ratings are tanking in the states and it's in danger of being taken off the air. Well I was kinda expecting that to happen as you did have a show that wasn't geeky enough to keep the geeks and not greys anatomyish to keep all greys anatomy fans. It might have also something to do with the fact they are trying to massively stretch out the storyline. The BBC docudrama it was based on managed to fit in a whole trip around the Solar system in two one hour episodes. Defying gravity is still not at Venus yet and it's already four hours in!

Come on Stargate universe, hurry up and get on our screens we need a new decent sci-fi show!

I've spent most of the day cleaning up through various boxes finding all sorts of bitz and pieces that I've been using to see what models I can construct. I'm not doing too badly as a matter of fact, I've managed two squads of marines, a squad of terminators, a chaos lord and I'm now off to see if I can manage a battlewagon too.

Later folks!

No comments: