Monday, August 03, 2009

Opposite expectations

Well it was back to the office today and as it turned out I had the opposite problem from what I was expecting. I thought with sitting down all day after six weeks of being on my feet at all times I might start to feel very sleepy. What actually happened was that I had great difficulty sitting still as I seemed to have lots more energy then usual so I decided to stay away from anything caffine or sugar based in case I start bouncing round the whole office.

HMV who must be the only major dvd/cd sellers still around on the high street have started a new loyalty card. You know the type, for every £1 you spend you get 1 pence on your card. However they charge you £3 to buy a card, which means you will have to spend a mere £300 before you start to make any 'profit' from the points your will be collecting.

I heard of a new sci-fish series starting in the USA called " Defying gravity " which was inspired by a BBC 'docufiction' series called Voyage to the planets. However looking at the series website by hopes for a serious sci-fi series were dashed by the following blurb;

Four women and four men hurtle through space with nothing to do for six years and eight billion miles, except maybe solve a powerful and awesome mystery. Maybe, just maybe, some of them will even hook up. How cool is that?

Like, is this like spacecraft like crewed by like American stereotype like teenagers?
but then again I suppose I shouldn't have expected anything else when the show has makers who used to work on greys anatomy and desperate housewives. I suppose this show was best summed up by a review that I saw that stated it's not sci-fi enough to keeps the geeks attention and not romantic enough to keep the attention of the Greys anatomy fans.

I guess I'll just do what most geeks are doing sit back and hope whatever show is going to assume the mantle of BSG Will be along soon " Come on stargate universe our hopes are riding with you"

This evening I went over to the PGs as they were hosting a YSA barbacue and it turned out to be a very enjoyable evening. Even if they don't have tomato ketchup in their house. Shock, horror, insert steretype surprised cliche here

Of course with a group of YSA the conversations did take a slightly random turn. If I followed things correctly Mr Modesty is going to go on a pretend super fast date with LPG. His sister will be marrying five different swedish nuclear mastermind expects just in case she ever wants five nuclear reactors and I've been written off when it comes to the dating scene as Social was only giving dating advice to Mr Modesty and not to me as she either thinks I know it all or has written me off. Mr Modesty assured me that he thought it was the latter. Oh and Mr Modestys other sister will live forever as she has a lifeline on her palm which is so long it comes back across her palm.

Of course I could have got this all wrong but to quote Jon Stewart
" It's on the internet?? Then it must be true :-)"

Later folks.

No comments: