Thursday, August 27, 2009

Well this just made my day

Regular readers will remember that for about half of June and all of July I was on secondment in one of my companies retail stores. It was a really fun experience and I learned loads. I also built and helped paint lots of bitz for use in the store. Now among these items were some conversions for a 'map' system that lets people run campaigns, so every battle they fight counts towards something etc. The Map consists of hexagon tiles that can be combined in lots of different ways

Now to be honest I hadn't been giving them much thought until I discovered today that they have been actually used as a example on a website of how to convert these tiles. Some of my efforts are below.

and here's a close up of a geothemal power generation facility.
Now I know they look small but remember these maps are supposed to represent entire worlds.
the other thing is that I converted these 'buildings' out of other bits and pieces. For example the cylinder storage tanks were lights off a building.

I also painted them and yes I know the paintings not pefect but I ran out of time in the store to do all of the finishing touches.

Now I'm sure that some of you might be wondering why I'm so happy about this but trust me, it made my day!

No comments: