Monday, August 24, 2009

Millennium

drum roll please.....

Yes after 999 posts I've finally hit the magic number. This is the 1000 post on The Gumblings of a geek.

Of course now I've written that the only thing that springs to mind is the line that one of the fish says after escaping from the Dentists in Finding Nemo.

" Now what?"

Yes I admit I've probably kinda dropped the ball by failing to come up with some sort of uber mega all singing all dancing blog post to commerate this auspicious mile stone. Maybe I'll come up with something better for 1500.

Of course if any of my readers who are bloggers themselves want to help mark this milestone by giving me shameless shout outs on their blogs to help generate some more traffic this way please feel free :-) I know that sounds totally desperate but at least I'm honest about it :-)

I have been giving some thought to you dear readers, namely my 'regulars' who are the vocal minority and the silent majority as I was looking at google analytics to see what search terms might have lead people here.

Now some were expected, such as grumblings, geek grumblings, mormons, Leicester mormons.

Others were not such as Deffkopta debate, philiamonic dining rooms, Jesus army cult ( which post linked to that?) and the most long winded " I knew everything by 20. By 40 I knew that I knew half as much as I thought I knew when I was 20."

The top ten countrys for vistors in descending order are, Spain, Brazil, Germany, France, Belgium, Australia, Canada ( wasn't expecting that), Luxembourg, the United states and the UK.

Blogging has proven to be an interesting experience. It's a shame it wasn't around like this when I was at uni, I would have had more then enough interesting topics for blog posts each day living in halls of residence :-)

It's also proven to be a interesting way of meeting new people as well.

Anyway I'd like to say thank you to all my readers are still with me, I know I ramble at times.

I'd like to say welcome to any new readers, long may you continue to visit ( and leave comments :-)

If anyone has any suggestions for future blog posts they would like to see, or subjects or more of anything I've already written/talked about let me know. I'll see what I can do.

Tune in again folks for post 1001.

Later!

4 comments:

drat said...

congrats on your posts!!!

hey, i was just wondering, i thought i saw your name on a warhammer book.... is that right? a quiz book?

i dont want to give away the title since it might expose your identity! : - ) but it was written by a person that shares your name, and you always write about books and models and stuff and I wondered if it was you??

Saxon said...

your right

it was indeed my name and your even righter that that name referred to me and not somebody else who was also called like me.

Wait I've confused myself.

Sian said...

Well done, that is quite an achievement. Did you know you can get your blog published into a 'book', kind of like the photo books you've been doing? Keep it up!

drat said...

wow! thats awesome!

ok, i know it might "give away" your superhero like identity, but I know you have worked on lots of stuff with books, but i think you should post a full list of all of them! maybe put it on facebook if you are worried about privacy (as people have to know your real name at least on FB)

Did you write the whole book yourself? thats insane!

did you get royalties for it or anything like that or does that only happen if its a best seller?