Saturday, June 19, 2010

What a surprise

Unless you live under a rock you will have heard about Englands poor performance in their match last night. So I was less then surprised when stopping off to get some petrol on the way into work this morning to see the absolute barrage of headlines from more or less every paper ranting on about it.

Now I'll admit that performance wasn't that good and people have a right to complain but the newspaper that paraphrased churchill might have been ranting on just a touch too much.

It was pretty much a stereotypical Saturday morning at work really. Even the knowledge that this was my last Saturday shift didn't help time move any faster! Still at least it was only half a day. It could have been a lot worse!

The first part of the two part season finale of Doctor Who was shown tonight and it was very good indeed. The way it tied in plot threads from earlier in the season was fantastic and the cliffhanger was very cruel! I don't know how I'm going to be able to wait until next Saturday!

anyway,

Later folks!

2 comments:

Scully said...

I am very much looking forward to the last two episodes of Doctor Who. Did you see this - it makes you wonder where Moffat & Co get their ideas. http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2010/06/image-of-the-day-the-ghost-snake-of-the-milky-way.html

Saxon said...

The finale will be amazing if the first part is anything to go by. I watched the repeat today and the cliff hanger still had me yelling NOOOO!!!!!! they can't leave it there! even knowing what was coming