Friday, June 11, 2010

Not so Last after all

Well I was all mentally prepared for my final day on the frontlines as it were today and was really keen to make sure that I went out on a high.

However you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men.

Yes I got to work to find that due to some staffing issues in my current department that myself along with several other people who were "moving up" have now got to wait a week before we can move. Which meant we all felt a bit strange today as we had all psyched ourselves up " to go" but we're not going anywhere for another week.

Which although annoying is not the end of the world. Even if this does mean I will still have to do my saturday shift next week!

Still it was a good day over all as I seemed to be getting good karma today as after the rudest customer ever yesterday I got nothing but really really nice customers all morning.

It got a little busier this afternoon. Well at least until the first game of the world cup started when there was a surprisingly noticeable slow down and it wasn't even a england match!

It was once again cold this morning but it did brighten up a lot this afternoon, just in time for when I left work as a matter of fact. Theres nothing better then to improve that Friday feeling then some blues skies and sunshine when you knock off for the weekend.

What is concerning me though is getting to work on Monday morning as the Download music festival will be finishing so apparently the roads will be extremely packed! I'm just going to have to make sure I leave in plenty of time.

anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: