Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Feeling just a little bit pleased with myself

I got some good news at work today. I have been offered one of the two postions that I recently interviewed. I haven't yet heard about the other postion but I will know about it tomorrow. The boss of the department who has offered me the new job has said he's willing to wait until the other department makes their decision before needing a decision from me as to whether to accept or not ( like I wouldn't if I get turned down for the other one). So I could well be in the fantatic postion of being able to choose which job to do. Both have their pros and cons.

So what does this mean for everyone favourite Saxon? That's me if you haven't guessed.

Well which ever postion I go for they will be on the next "rung" of the career ladder at work which means it will be a promotion, a nice pay increase plus a new job that although customer service is quite different to what I have been doing so it should be a good challenge.

I also start on Monday. When things move at work they move fast!

It also made me realise that my career path for the last eight months has been pretty impressive. I've gone from being made redundent, to getting a temporary job, to changing to a permanant postion in under two weeks, to passing my probabation to then getting a promotion!

Not bad if I do say so myself.

Anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: