Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Saxon to the rescue!

Shortly after finishing my Blog post last night I got a urgent call from Grumpy. He had taken Owen for a walk over the fields ( now filled with wheat) and through the woods and was ready to come home. But he had a problem he had managed to loose Owens Lead and seeing as it was green it was going to be almost impossible to find it!

So I had to hussle up to the fields to meet them with our spare lead. Whilst I bought Owen home, Grumpy decided to retrace his attempts in a brave but futile attempt to find the lead. Meanwhile I discovered why our spare lead was the spare one! It was a bungie style lead that is supposed to pull Dogs back if they try pulling too hard. Great theory, doesn't work in practise when it meets a Springer spaniel who is far too clever for his own good and and has the ability to almost pull me over! By the time I managed to get him back to the house I was left with a very sore shoulder and a worried dog who was wondering why we had left Grumpy !

It's been another interesting day of work as I spent most of the day listening into other members of the department getting a handle on how the department operates as a whole and the different systems interact. I have another day of training tomorrow and I will be on the front lines as it were for the first time on Thursday putting all of the theory into practise.

anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: