Friday, June 18, 2010

Almost at the finish line

Well today was my last "full"day in my current role. I just have tomorrow morning to get through and that will be that as they say as my new job starts 9am Monday morning! I'm kind of feeling equal parts excitment and nervousness as it's going to be quite different from what I have been doing and there's a whole new system to learn. But it will be fun and at least all of the challenges will be interesting ones.

I've just seen the new trailer for the Scott Pilgrim versus the world movie. This film looks so very very good. I wanna watch it now!

It's been confirmed that Torchwood is coming back. However in what could possibly be a troubling development it's been produced by several international TV channels working together which means it will have a "global" scope, i.e filming locations and stories all over the world ( It's a safe bet USA will be in there somewhere). Admitially it makes sense as Aliens are unlikely to always invade cardiff but that gave something to it's identity which could well be lost in a more global setting.

I've heard the official world cup song for the first time. I thought it was a wind up at first as I couldn't believe that you would have a "official" song which actually had the chorus line " Wakka Wakka".
That sounds like the catchphase of a cartoon character!

Anyway,

Later folks.

2 comments:

Scully said...

I thought was Fozzie Bear from the Muppets.

Saxon said...

Thats it! I knew I knew that the phrase from somewhere.

Maybe he can sue her for copyright. That would be a good case for Judge Judy Fozzie Bear versus Shakria