Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ready or not, it's time to go

Well the nice weather has arrived and it's actually been quite warm today. However the downside to this is the best route to work passes a couple of farms and several fields and they are say we say quite "ripe smelling" in this weather.

So it looks like I'm going to be left with a choice. A short but smelly route or the longer but nice smelling route. As leaving the windows and sunroof closed in this weather is not a option as I would have melted by the time I got into work!

Speaking of which it turned out that my days worth of training was only a half day so I spent the rest of the day on the phones for the first time, which wasn't quite as nerve wracking as I thought it would be. The main issue is that I have a lot of new systems to learn which is going to slow me up until I get to grips with them.

But I was expecting that, even if it is a bit frustrating.

The other thing I am trying to adjust to is the change of pace. Not to say that my new department isn't busy, it's a "different" kind of busy if that makes any sense. Or to put it another way you have a lot more autonomy in how you work and manage your own workload. I like it a lot as you can imagine.

anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: