Monday, June 14, 2010

Going nowhere fast

Knowing that the local music festival was finishing today I decided that I had better give myself some extra time to get to work. Of course the problem was not knowing how much time to leave myself! I decided to err on the side of caution and leave a lot of time. If all else failed I could always go to the canteen and read a book.

As it turned out the book was un needed and the caution well founded as my usual 13 minute trip into work turned into a 5o minute trip! So I wasn;t what you could call a totally happy bunny by the time I got to work but it could have been worse. At least I wasn't late!

I also got to meet the new team I will be working with today in one of those whirlwind introductions you get when joining a new place/department where you try to remember everyone's names and will probably fail miserably for at least the first two weeks. I found out I will be classified as "training" for the first four weeks which means I get found weeks of 9 to 5 shifts.

Not too bad if I do say so myself.

Anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: