Saturday, June 26, 2010

Just too darn hot

Well the first of the stereotypical english mini heatwaves arrived today and it did indeed keep to the stereotype. It was hot, very hot, in fact it was far too hot! And as you may have guessed Grumpy and I did the other stereotypical thing that most english people do when faced with weather which is far too hot.

We moaned about it all day.

Apparently it's going to be even hotter tomorrow which probably means that it's going to be uncomfortably sticky and warm in church.

The finale of Doctor Who was really really awesome. I'm aware that some readers such as Scully haven't seen it yet so I will try and keep my comments brief and spoiler free as possible! The bits before the opening titles is fantastic and ended with a real " I didn't see that coming at all!" moment. You will be amazed at how the season arc comes together, a alien utters a phrase you'd never expect them to say, one of the characters is a really bad dancer, there is at least one " I never thought of that" moment, somebody gains a new fashion accessory and you'll be left pondering what you can do in 12 minutes as well.

anyway,

Later folks.

1 comment:

Scully said...

I can't wait to see it tonight! I'm sure I will have comments afterward. Good luck with the heat wave!