Thursday, August 03, 2006

Round and round and round we go

Family huh. As the saying goes you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family. At times you love them dearly and at other times you feel the urge to bang their heads together to try and get some sense into them. Unfortunately at the moment I'm very much leaning towards the later view with at least two members of my family.

Yes for those of you who are familiar with my blog it's probably going to take you a whole umm two seconds to figure out who I'm talking about. Yes Mum and grumpy are still stuck in their cycle of disagreements and had yet another blazing row last night. Well to be honest I'm not going to go into the nutty gritty details suffice to say they went out for a drink, he stormed off and decided to walk home. Came in, had a massive go at me for being on the internet ( I'm guessing he tried to ring me to get me to go and pick him up) he then proceeded to stomp round the house before ringing mum on her phone and leaving several message for her in his usual oh so subtle way (not). He's accused her of being depressed and 'mental' and she should go and see a doctor. See subtle!

There's a ward barbecue on at the weekend at SP's house. grumpy did say he was going to come to it but I think he'll probably change his mind. The problem is if he does come Mum wouldn't be there as she's going off on holiday ( as I mentioned in a previous post) and he would be bound to notice that she's not there. Grumpy still hasn't asked about my birthday so it's looking more depressing likely that he's not remembered yet.

I should be going out home teaching with DL this evening, for the first time in oh 8 months. I have the feeling it's going to be quite uncomfortable when visiting some of our families. I am half expecting Grumpy to make some comment as I head out the door tonight. but hey ho not a lot I can do about that either :-(

I really can't think of anything else to say which won't consist of me either whinging or whining about how things are at the moment..

so

Later!

1 comment:

Nemesis said...

I'm going to the bbq on Saturday as well, so I'll see you there!