Monday, August 07, 2006

It's time for the Marie Celeste take 2!

Yes, yes as if Mondays don't drag enough our corner of the office is doing a extremely good impression of the Marie Celeste with just two of us actually in work today. The others are all on Holiday or in my bosses case recovering after coming back from the states. So I get to be in charge of the whole WADS team and the trade team by Default. As Homer Simpson would say "the two sweetest words in the English language De Fault, De Fault" :-)

I've also had a second comment on my profile at LDS Linkup. So 2 down, another 8 to go out of my '10 friends' on the site. Although I have to admit it does look a bit pathetic when compared to Nemesis's 56 or Joeys 93. Well as the saying goes I just guess I'll have to work on that. I suppose I might make some 'new friends' at the YSA conference, I hope. I've just realized how close that is. Fortunately I think I have enough half way decent clothes to last the weekend as I definitely don't have the pennies to go shopping for new clothes this month. One thing that has suddenly struck me ifs having to drive up there. I know I used to drive all the Way up to Ormskirk which is a lot father but I haven't really driven any significant distance on the Motorway since I wrote my Fiesta off that time. Which is stupid I know and I'm sure I'll be fine. I have started to get a bit of practice by driving to the vue cinema which I know isn't the same but at least it's some practice. It's the thought of facing Manchester traffic on a Friday evening which I'm finding a little unsettling. But hey I've faced the motorway before and I'm sure I'll be able to face it again. Just got to consider should I take the KA or go with a safer route for me if not all the other road users and take a tank? :-)

The first trailer for snakes on a plan has appeared on the Tv. Yaaaaaaa!!! Downside it's a bad trailer as it only plays up the snakes + horror' of the film not the humor. Although hopefully people will figure out that snakes + plane = not serious movie. But regardless it's still going to be a cool firm. Coz it has Snakes on a plane + Samuel L Jackson. It couldn't get much cooler. Well maybe if they turned the air conditioning up, right???............................................... No, no gota stop saying anything more like that. sorry peeps sorta sugar overload this morning, so please forgive any ramblings which seem more inane then usual.

Say two very stupid adverts over the weekend. the first was for sandicliffe cars and features two characters sandy and cliffe ( see what they did there? clever huh?) who are supposed to be in charge of the company. There was disclaimer along the bottom of the screen saying " Please not these characters are not the real directors of the company". Well gosh darn, it's a good thing they pointed that out otherwise I don't think I would have figured that out for myself. The second advert was for the 'pebbel' mobile phone and starts with someone picking up a pebble and skimming it out to sea and it then proceeds to skin all over the world, through the artic, south Africa through a flock of birds, oceans etc until it lands on a beach and a girl picks it up and it's turned into the peble mobile phone. A good advert right? Well until you notice the disclaimer along the bottom of the screen saying " fictionalization. The peble mobile phone is not waterproof" Again well it's a good job that someone pointed that out as well that an advert is a fictionalization, I was just about to rush down to the beach and attempt to skim a pebble because I need a new mobile. But the more worrying thought is they've had to put that disclaimer there because some cretin did attempt to skin their new mobile and it sank, broke and then they sued the company for a lot of money. It was like a guy in the USA, stood on his motorbike to change a light bulb, fell off then sued the motorbike company for a whole lotta money as he said there were no warnings on the bike to say it might be unstable to stand on. Well duh, is a motorbike was safe to stand on it would be a stepladder not a bike. Words fail me sometimes they really do..

We found out on Sunday when institute starts again. "0th September which is six weeks away. Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! I was hoping it would be sooner then that, but considering how late uni's start it makes sense for it not to start any sooner. It's almost September. Wheres the year going? Arggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( and on that freakout I think we'll leave it there.)

later!!