Saturday, August 19, 2006

Raindrops keep falling on my head

Oops just realised that I haven’t posted anything since Wednesday. See I get a couple of days off and I forget to do things. Great init? But now I have something to write about, so I am. And I’ve just realised that those last two sentences don’t seem to make a awful lot of sense to me, so either my English has suddenly got really bad, or I’m just sleep deprived. You decide!

Right lets see, Thursday, didn’t manage to do an awful lot. Apart form in the afternoon I suddenly realised that I had forgot to mention to Dad that I had the day off. I realised that he would probably get all paranoid as to why I hadn’t told him, so being a bit of a coward and not wanting a argument I took the path of least resistance and took the car down the park and sat in their car park for half an hour and then came back once I knew Dad was home and it was my ‘usual’ time to come back from work. He asked how my day had been and I said fine, which was technically lying, but I know, I know the intention was there. I just wish I knew how things had got to this point where I have to do things like this and try and vainly justify it to myself when I know I’m in the wrong. There were some ferocious thunderstorms overhead on Thursday, the flash and thunder were as close together as it’s possible for them to be. The downside of this was the ceiling in the toilet started to leak. An awful lot. So we had to call an emergency repair guy out but as he couldn’t come to Friday we just had to keep out fingers crossed that it didn’t rain overnight or we would have been in deeepppp trouble.

So onto Friday. Or “ Snakes on a plane “ day. The film is finally here so the company decided to pay for us to all go and see it. Ironically they would choose a day when I wasn’t working but hey, I still wanted to go anyway, coz I wasn’t going to be paying! The film, well lets be honest is stupid, but in a good way. It holds no illusions to be a serious film and you can see the cast are just ‘rolling’ with it. There are some gratuitous bits and I don’t think some church members are going to be happy watching it, but I still thought it was good. The only bad thing about the film was J was planning to ask me to look after my nephew J and he had got all excited but of course when she checked it was at the same time as the film so I could do it. The poor little guy got so upset and I felt so guilty. So I offered to pop round on Monday to play some games with him, which did seem to cheer him up.

Well in the evening it was the YSA get together at the McReynolds. I’ve never been there before so I got some directions off the web but I had visions of arriving there dead late. Ironically (for some reason irony is toying with me this week), I found my way straight there and was the first to arrive. I forgot to work on MMT (Mormon mean time) like the rest of the YSA. I know, I know I should know better. But the others soon turned up and it was a fantastic night. But what I found most amazing was how many cards I got from people, I couldn’t believe it. I haven’t had that many cards for my birthday in years and just when I thought it couldn’t get any better, I got a cake too with the candles and everything. I can’t remember the last time I had a cake, it was brilliant, and it was fantastic they did call for me to make a speech, but I couldn’t think of anything to say. Well that and I was afraid that I would start blubbering if I did. It’s just with everything that been going on, to just feel part of the group like that and wanted/liked, just sitting he typing this I feel myself welling up. I wish now that I had stood up and said what I was feeling, and told them that they were a fantastic group of people and without their help I really don’t think I wouldn’t have been able to cope with the last few months and I am thankful for each and everyone of them and cherish them dearly and at that point of time there was nowhere in the world I would rather have been.

Well I would write more but it’s very late and I’m starting to get a bit ‘punchy’ with the keyboard, so I think I’ll call it a night and continue this tomorrow.

No comments: