Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Unexpected bonuses

In my current job I've found that I've had to raise my customer service skills for dealing with difficult customers to unprecidented levels and quite frankly I've had to deal with customers who are far and away more difficult then anything I've had to deal with before.

What I hadn't realised is just how well I've managed to do this and the pay off in that I'm far more capable in controlling my reactions and staying cool calm and controlled.

I discovered this, this evening when I came closer then I had ever done before to loosing my temper in a church meeting. A few months I probably would have let in get to me and lost my temper but now, I just stayed cool, calm and collected when somebody called me something which by the strict definition of the term may have been technically correct in the context they used it in, I felt that it certainly wasn't used in any way which could be considered flattering or complementry. In fact I was so shocked I asked them to repeat it as I was sure I had misheard it!

Now I'll admit that my description there is a bit vague but I can't explain any clearer without going into a lot of detail which wouldn't be appropriate in the slightest.

of course in the great scheme of things it probably one of those situations which I'm sure that no one will remember in a few years, it was more shocking today as it was so unexpected. Things like that usually don't have in church metings!

anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: