Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Am I bothered? Nope

I've discovered what small tiny problem with my new role. I've now been doing the second "part" of my job for a week now and I'd like to think that I'm doing pretty well ( looks into sky hoping the other shoe isn't about to drop ) but the problem I've discovered is that it's entirely possible to complete three times the amount of work you have waiting for you at the start of the day and still finish the day having more work left then you had at the start of the day.

I'll admit however that, that is a very very small gripe as I am throughly enjoying working on the network desk as it's proving to be a fascinating challenge, as it's not a cliche to say that you really don't know what's going to come next.

I was a bit surprised when I got home to a email from one of my friends asking if I had seen the end of year results from the company I used to work for. I was surprised as I had totally forgotten that it was that time of year. He was asking what I thought of it from my now "civilian" point of view and I have to admit I wasn't really bothered as they seem to be doing well so good on them. It's never good to dwell on things.

I think he was hoping that I would go on a mini rant but I wasn't in the mood to indulge him.

Well it's five weeks until convention and remarkably the amount of emails we're now receiving about it has gone up! I really want to send a email back saying " I'm coming already, please leave me alone!"

Although at this point I still don't know if I'll be driving up by myself or if I might get passengers this time. I really, really would like passengers this time, even if it's only one! Half the fun of going to activities is being able to talk them through with someone on the way home.

Anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: