Thursday, July 29, 2010

But I wanna watch them now......

Comic-con international may be the ultimate Geek mecha which I'll probably never get to go to but at least you can always guarnetee a flood of material to the internet which will grab the attention of Geeks everywhere. And this year is no exception.

I have seen three trailers today of films I really want to see now! I don't want to wait until next year because thats well next year.

First up was Tron Legacy which looks very interesting indeed. Even if (as I suddenely realised that this is quite a large hole in my geek knowledge base) that I've never actually seen the complete orginal Tron before

Second up was Sucker Punch, from the director of 300 and watchmen. Lets see it features Dragons, airships, B-24, Samurai, Orcs, knights and steampunk German soldiers. Oh and one or two girls who are extremely skills at fighting. Not that I'm sure that last one will be any draw to the intended audience of this movie at all :-)

Last and by no means least was Thor. Based on the marvel comic books as opposed to Legend ( although is it me or do a lot of people seem to be plundering ancient legends for inspiration these days) it might suffer as it's not as well known as Spiderman or the fantastic four, but it's going to be tieing in with the other marvel films ( if you stayed passed the end credits in Iron Man 2 you'll know what I mean) plus it's directed by Kenneth Brangh. And it's got Anthony Hopkins as Odin! The only way that could be cooler is if they had got Brian Blessed!!

no wait scratch that............

The other thing I was amused to see was the constant stream of actresses promoting films at comic con wearing shall we say rather revealing outfits. A lot of of the articles declared that they were obivously doing it to get the geeks attention..... and your point is????
Of course that's what they were doing! That was so not rocket science and if you listen very carefully you'll hear the sound of none of the geeks complaining!

Thinking of buying a Ipad? Apparently a recent survery claims that if you do that would make you one of the 'selfish elite' who has little sympathy for others.

Obivously another survey from the university of we've got nothing better to be doing.

Anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: