Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I know what I'm doing

I have the uneviable task today of having to explain to a customer for a good five minutes that just because we couldn't do what he was demanding it didn't mean I didn't know what I was doing.

In those sort of situations I have found after a lot of trial and error that simply keeping your voice soft, level and just repeating the same infomation is the best way to get your point across.

He was disappointed in the end however as I'm fairly certain he wanted a fight but I wasn't going to indulge him in the slightest!

I'm still receiving emails extolling people to go to this years national YSA conference which I guess means the numbers of people who have signed up are still low. One line in the latest email which I found a bit upsetting was that this may be the last conference for a while ( and this one was a legimate email!). The conferences have been such fantastic events and it's not a nice thought that due to diminishing support they may be stopped for now. It means theres many ysa who could miss out on something which had been one of the highlights of my year for the past few years now.

Anyway I suppose I shouldn't dwell because if this is to be my last one then I best give it my all to make sure it's the best one I've been to!

Later folks.

No comments: