Saturday, July 10, 2010

Look out for Ninja saxon!

Way back in the deep mists of time when people didn't tell me that I no longer counted as a YSA due to my age and was on my "way out" ( and no I'm not making that up somebody actually said it to me at church a couple of weeks ago) the company I worked for ( i.e my last job) was producing a card game that uses a lot of characters from certain computer games. As part of marketing activities they produced a series of "promo cards" which contained images of staff members. Although I had a photo taken, no card was made in the first set of promos and with the transfer of the card game to another company I quickly forgot about it.

Cut to this morning when whilst in my local Games shop I mentioned to one of the staff members in there after seeing the card game on their shelves that I had a set of the staff promo cards. He asked how many copies of my card I had.

Sorry my what now??...................

He proceeded to show me a online database of cards for this particular game and to my immense surprise he showed me the image for " my card" which according to him like all of the staff promo cards was much in demand.

Cut to this evening where after some sleuthing on the internet I found out why my card was much in demand from collectors wanting the full set. As it seems it was never printed despite the image of the card being released. That was a little disappointing but not as disappointing as it would have been to find out that this card was out there and I had never received a copy. As to why it was never printed? Don't know, don't care, and don't want to know as I'm sure it would be a petty reason and it's long in the past.

I just find it amusing that if things had turned out differently people could have been using my card againist well known computer game characters. And I'm not talking pokemon, I'm talking beat em up computer game characters.

anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: