Saturday, May 01, 2010

Make up your mind

The weather today has been a bit bizare even by UK standards as it's flipped form raining, to sunny and warm to cloudy, to windy back to sunny again! Now it could just be normal or it could have something to do with it being a bank holiday weekend as everyone knows your not supposed to have nice weather on a back holiday :-)

The second part of Doctor Who was very good although the end scene was shall we say a little full on for a family show and there might be some awkwards questions to parents from children wanting to know exactly what Amy meant when she was talking to the Doctor.

Grumpy pointed out today that this time next week the election would be over (yaah!) and it will be interested to see how things stand. After the "bigot" fiasco of the past week the Prime minister seems to be getting in more and more trouble with two national newspapers withdrawing their support for him. Declaring that this withdrawal was "irrelevant" could be a sign that someone is trying to convince himself he's currently not in serious trouble.

After viewing a couple of episodes I've found myself becoming hooked on Stargate Universe. Although I wasn't initally interested in the series I've found myself really enjoying it as I think it's got back to the main strengths of the stargate franchise as you get the feeling in this series that the characters are in danger and could die which was a bit hard to accept towards the end of Sg-1 and Atlantis as they were flying round in earths own fleet of space battlecruisers and a city sized spacecraft! Midn you Universe isn't as good as Battlestar galactica but it has plenty of potential.

anyway,

Later folks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm liking Stargate Universe so far, even with the unrelentingly gloomy sets. The whole tenuous grip on order is done very well.

As for Brown....I'm beginning to suspect he's taking Mervyn King's advice and throwing the election.

Saxon said...

It is indeed. I am trying to ration out the rate at which I'm watching the series as I don't want to watch it too quickly