Friday, May 07, 2010

Really hating that phrase

There has been one phrase and one phrase only that has been dominating all news media today and that is " a Hung parliment" yes after all of the hype the tories failed to get the number of seats they needed to get into power. So now we're going to have several days of all sorts of political shenigans as the parties try to do deals to form some sort of government.


So this does mean it is entirely possible that the parties who came second and third could form the next government while the party who gained the most seats ( and votes) doesn't.


It has been amazing watching how some of the MP's from Labour have been trying to twist the result to make it look best for them. Self belief ( and quite possibly delusions) are commodities they are not short of.


Well it was the last day of my holiday today so I decided to go into Nottingham to do some shopping. It was very weird going along the route I used to take every day but no longer have to. I did some quick math ( and probably wrong but c'est la vie:-) and estimated that during the time I worked in Nottingham I would have made the journey along that road over 4000 times!


Not that you need to know that. Or I needed to know that for that matter it was just one of those random thoughts that popped into my head.


anyway,


Later folks.

No comments: