Wednesday, May 05, 2010

The power of positive thinking

Well the thinking of good thoughts paid off as I'm pleased to say that my Car came through it's service and MOT with no problems whatsoever. Well asides from one small heart attack moment when after taking the call from the Garage Grumpy thought it would be funny to tell me that they had found something wrong with the brakes that would cost over £200 to fix!

As you can imagine I really really did not appreciate his sense of humour at that point.

The activity after Institute was interesting. It was run by Physics and involved a fair chunk of the lads ( no girls played), however as to what they were playing I have no idea. I watched the game trying to figure out the rules and ended up totally confused as to how the game worked. It looked more like calvinball then anything else!

Well tomorrow is polling day which means it will be time for us to go and do our civic duty and vote. I still find it very odd that some people don't go and vote. I mean it's really important and it takes at most ten minutes out of your day.

There were more people complaining about Doctor Who today. Their complaining about the alleged attempts to "sex up" the show, using that "scene" from the last episode and the forthcoming episode featuring Female vampires complaing their wearing low cut outfits. Now the outfits they'll be wearing are "period dress" and I'm no fashion expert but they don't look cut any different to "normal". You do have to wonder if some people just like to moan! I mean their could be other things for them to moan about.

Like this for instance. A "actor" who was running a "celebrity agony uncle" column in a lads mag gave a reply to a readers question about not being able to get over his ex that he should go out and get drunk, seduce some girl then break her heart thus turning the tables or and I quote here" The other option is to cut your ex's face and then no one will want her" . Now yes this was in a lads magazine which is hardly near the top of the list of high quality publications but still all I can say to this is " What the hell????" Why did the magazine print this? Was there editor totally asleep or not just doing his job or do they to (paraphrasing Doctor Cox from scrubs here)" Replace the Captain of the editors brainship as he's drunk at the wheel." You don't joke about things like that.

I'm still trying to find a version of the theme song from the Earth to the moon miniseries to go on my Ipod and I still can't find one anywhere. To make it worse I've also found another piece of music that I really like and I can't find that one anywhere for download either. Arrgghhh!!!!

anyway,

Later folks

No comments: